While maintaining proper hygiene of the genitals is essential for sexual wellbeing, its also vital for fitness and mens overall health. This is the most sensitive region of your body that requires a separate and more effective intimate hygiene routine. This prevents some common infections caused by bacteria buildup and even skin irritations.
Therefore, here are four genital care tips for men that you ought to follow:
- Check Your Genitals For Any Irregularities
Part of your hygiene habit should be to check your private regions regularly for anything unusual. Bumps, redness, discharge, or rashes are some things to watch out for.
One of the common skin conditions among men is pearly penile papules (PPP). These are small growths or that appear on the shaft or head of the penis. The rounded bumps appear in rows and usually start during adolescence or early adulthood.
PPPs are harmless, unless accompanied by additional symptoms that might point to a different condition. Therefore, it may not be necessary to remove them. However, you or your partner may be bothered by their appearance. In such cases, youd want to get rid of them by seeking comprehensive treatment.
A dermatologist can perform a laser removal surgery to remove the papules. Alternatively, you can opt for home treatment using a PPP kit. This involves the use of an electrical ionizer to vaporize PPP. The kit contains all the essentials for the procedure, including a numbing cream and step-by-step instructions. For more details about the PPP kit, consider reading this article.
That said, note that severe infections can significantly affect the health of your penis, including your ability to urinate comfortably, maintain an erection, or even your fertility. Therefore, if problems like itching, odor, or pain persist, its best to consult your doctor since these can be symptoms of severe underlying health conditions. Theyll conduct comprehensive diagnostic tests and develop a treatment plan for the abnormalities before further complications.
- Wash And Groom Your Genitals Properly And Regularly
Gently clean your genitals daily using only water and soap. Note that you shouldnt scrub these parts, especially a sensitive area like the tip of your penis. If you have a foreskin, you should pull back and wash underneath adequately. Here are some more tips to consider:
- Wear good-quality, looser-fit underwear that allows enough air to prevent overheating the genitals. For instance, cotton underwear lets your intimate areas breathe and absorbs sweat.
- Keep cleaning simple by avoiding too much soap or special products ,like deodorizers, which can create irritation.
- Pat dry underneath your foreskin, the tip of your penis, and the other areas using a clean towel before wearing your underwear.
- Wear properly washed and thoroughly dried underwear
- Always rinse your hands before passing urine or touching your genitals, especially if youve interacted with substances, like chemicals, heat rub, or chili peppers, that may irritate you.
- Wash your penis after urinating or use toilet paper to remove the remaining drops of urine
Additionally, you may have a thick white discharge underneath your foreskin. This is called smegma and is normal among men. However, if theres a lot of it and has an odor, you should clean your genitals more frequently.
- Eat Healthily
One way to improve your penis health is through diet. The food you eat contains nutrients that your blood transports to your genital organs, enabling them to function optimally. Notably, according to health professionals, specific foods such as citrus fruits and green leaves contain compounds that can reduce sweat and odor in the private parts.
Here are eight penis-friendly foods to boost your genital health:
- Chili peppers
Also, water helps boost energy and improve circulation, which positively benefits your intimate regions. Additionally, it helps produce pre-ejaculate, which neutralizes acidic urine traces in the urethra. Therefore, you should always stay hydrated by drinking at least two liters of water daily.
- Introduce A Trimming Hygiene
Pubic hair may accumulate dirt or germs, which may cause health conditions, like yeast infection. Also, excessive sweating can contribute to foul smell. Therefore, youd want to keep the area clean by trimming your pubic hair.
Here are some safety practices while trimming:
- Disinfect your scissors or blades before use.
- Dont share your scissors or blades, or use them for other purposes.
- Be extra careful when shaving the area around your scrotum and penis skin.
- Dampen your pubes to make them soft and easy to shave
However, note that you may get rashes, ingrown hairs, and bumps on your pubic area after shaving. While these symptoms might go away, they might persist for some people. In such cases, its best to see a doctor. Also, youd want to avoid shaving and maintain a more thorough washing and grooming routine.
Taking care of your intimate area is the first step to a healthy life. Additionally, it ensures safe sexual interaction with your partner. Therefore, youd want to follow the above genital hygiene guidelines to better care for yourself. Also, ensure you seek immediate medical attention if you experience any abnormalities in your private region.