Countrywide Library of Drugs
Office of Wellbeing and Human Expert services, Countrywide Institutes of Wellbeing
CLOSING Date: January 16, 2022
Supervisory Librarian (DE) Career Announcement Variety: NIH-NLM-DE-22-11275184
You ought to be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Countrywide to use. Usually, candidates who are entering Federal services for the initial time from the private sector will will need to use for delegated analyzing positions.
Supervisory Librarian (MP) Career Announcement Variety: NIH-NLM-MP-22-11274516
You ought to be a existing or former federal staff eligible to use beneath advantage promotion techniques or if not be eligible as a standing applicant (e.g., Veterans Work Possibility Act).
SUMMARY: This situation is positioned in the Division of Library Operations (DLO), Countrywide Library of Drugs. DLO selects, acquires, and catalogs biomedical publications furnishes reference and document shipping providers prepares and publishes indexes, and other publications for the use by the biomedical group administers countrywide biomedical information retrieval providers supports clinical terminology and wellbeing info criteria and coordinates the Network of the Countrywide Library of Drugs.
Responsibilities: As a Supervisory Librarian, you will:
- Approach, immediate, and provide strategic management for cataloging and metadata management and mapping providers for biomedical literature and other resources acquired for the NLM collection, such as the development and maintenance of bibliographic and authority records according to countrywide criteria.
- Continue to keep informed of new cataloging regulations and tactics and as relevant, introduce them into NLM workflows and techniques.
- With the support of subordinate supervisors, approach, immediate, and supervise the pursuits of somewhere around twenty expert librarians, complex information experts and library complex assist staff engaged in cataloging and furnishing metadata management and mapping providers.
- Assess subordinates make helpful choice suggestions for subordinate staff listen to team grievances, really serious staff issues and disciplinary difficulties and just take initiative to resolve them.
- Immediate Portion participation in the improvement, enhancement, and use of automation assist for cataloging and metadata management capabilities.
- Distribute equipment-readable records in MARC, XML, as linked info, and other conventional group formats.
- Oversee metadata mapping providers which provide info to crucial inner NLM products such as PubMed and Electronic Collections.
- Oversee the improvement, maintenance, and publication of the NLM Classification.
- Provide as a complex authority and spokesperson on NLM cataloging, metadata and classification providers, insurance policies, and techniques.
- Take part in countrywide and international bibliographic regulate courses and criteria improvement.
- Stand for the Library to many expert groups and corporations and acquire and preserve contacts with crucial officers of the Library of Congress, OCLC, and other libraries and information centers.
Area: Bethesda, MD
Skills: In get to qualify for a Supervisory Librarian, GS-1410 situation at the GS-fourteen degree, you ought to have:
A. productively completed at minimum 1 comprehensive tutorial year of graduate analyze in library science in an accredited school or college, in addition to completion of all operate needed for a bachelor’s diploma in any area OR
B. a whole of at minimum 5 a long time of merged school-degree education and learning, teaching, and/or practical experience. This education and learning, teaching, and/or practical experience ought to have provided you with a information and knowledge of the theories, concepts, and tactics of expert librarianship information of literature resources and the information and talents vital for furnishing helpful library and information providers.
For a comprehensive listing of qualifications, pay a visit to the USAJOBS announcement.
Education: This situation has an education and learning need. You are strongly encouraged to post a copy of your transcripts (or a listing of your classes such as titles, credit score hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be approved in the software package. Official transcripts will be needed from all selectees prior to acquiring an formal offer.
For a comprehensive listing of educational needs, pay a visit to the USAJOBS announcement.
Remember to speak to Jennifer Marill, Chief, Complex Expert services Division, at [email protected] with questions about the situation.
Remember to speak to Fettina Bryant, Human Means Expert, at [email protected] or 301-594-1921 with questions about the software approach or standing of the software.