By Mayo Clinic Employees
Stone-ground cornmeal is a good source of nutrition, together with fiber, vitamin C and potassium.
Quantity of servings
- one cup all-intent flour
- one/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- one cup excess fat-cost-free milk
- 4 tablespoons (or one/4 cup) vegetable oil
- one/2 cup egg substitute
- one one/4 cups stone-ground cornmeal
- one cup clean or cream-fashion corn
- one/2 eco-friendly bell pepper, chopped
Warmth the oven to four hundred F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
In a large bowl, increase the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir to blend evenly.
In a different bowl, mix the milk, oil, egg substitute, cornmeal, corn and eco-friendly pepper. Add to the flour mixture and blend just until finally moistened but continue to a little lumpy.
Divide the mixture among the 12 muffin liners. Bake 20 minutes or until finally muffins are mild brown.
Dietary investigation for each serving
Serving measurement: one muffin
- Overall excess fat 5 g
- Calories 168
- Protein 4 g
- Cholesterol Trace
- Overall carbohydrate 26 g
- Dietary fiber one.5 g
- Monounsaturated excess fat 2 g
- Saturated excess fat one g
- Potassium 128 mg
- Sodium 156 mg
- Trans excess fat g
- Additional sugars 4 g
- Overall sugars seven g
- Grains and grain items 2
- Fats and oils one
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Meals Lover’s Companion. 3rd ed. Barron’s Educational Series 2001:a hundred sixty five.