By Mayo Clinic Staff members
Scampi ordinarily refers to shrimp lined in butter. This model replaces 50 percent of the butter with olive oil.
Quantity of servings
- eight ounces uncooked spaghetti
- three tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 kilos significant shrimp, peeled and deveined
- one tablespoon minced garlic
- one/4 cup chopped shallots or inexperienced onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- one/4 cup chopped parsley
- one/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brandy or sherry, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
Fill a significant pot three/4 whole with water and carry to a boil. Insert the pasta and prepare dinner according to package instructions. Drain the pasta completely.
When the pasta is cooking, warmth one tablespoon olive oil in a significant saucepan about medium warmth. Insert the shrimp and prepare dinner for 2 to three minutes on each and every side. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and hold warm.
Insert garlic and shallots to the saucepan and prepare dinner until eventually fragrant, about ten seconds. Insert lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper, and brandy or sherry, if preferred.
Clear away the saucepan from the warmth. Insert the cooked shrimp furthermore 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Toss until eventually shrimp are coated with sauce.
Divide pasta among the warmed individual bowls. Major with shrimp and sauce. Serve instantly.
Nutritional examination per serving
Serving size: one cup pasta and shrimp
- Total excess fat 12 g
- Energy 376
- Protein 36 g
- Cholesterol 254 mg
- Total carbohydrate 31 g
- Nutritional fiber 2 g
- Monounsaturated excess fat six g
- Saturated excess fat 4 g
- Added sugars g
- Sodium 344 mg
- Trans excess fat Trace
- Potassium 537 mg
- Total sugars 2 g
- Protein and dairy one
- Fats 2.five
- Carbohydrates 2
- Meat and meat substitutes three
- Fats 2.five
- Starches 2
- Grains and grain products 2
- Meats, poultry and fish three
- Fats and oils 2.five
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Foodstuff Lover’s Companion. third ed. Barron’s Academic Sequence 2001:550.