What is a rash analysis?
A rash analysis is a check to come across out what is causing a rash. A rash, also recognised as dermatitis, is an spot of pores and skin that is purple, irritated, and generally itchy. A pores and skin rash may perhaps also be dry, scaly, and/or painful. Most rashes take place when your pores and skin touches a compound that irritates it. This is recognised as speak to dermatitis. There are two main kinds of speak to dermatitis: allergic speak to dermatitis and irritant speak to dermatitis.
Allergic speak to dermatitis comes about when your body’s immune method treats a ordinarily harmless compound as if it had been a threat. When uncovered to the compound, the immune method sends out chemical compounds in response. These chemical compounds have an impact on your pores and skin, causing you to establish a rash. Common will cause of allergic speak to dermatitis contain:
- Poison ivy and similar vegetation, like poison sumac and poison oak. A poison ivy rash is one of the most common kinds of speak to dermatitis.
- Jewellery metals, this sort of as nickel.
Allergic speak to dermatitis generally will cause itching that can be serious.
Irritant speak to dermatitis comes about when a chemical compound damages an spot of pores and skin. This will cause a pores and skin rash to type. Common will cause of irritant speak to dermatitis contain:
- Family solutions this sort of as detergents and drain cleaners
- Solid soaps
- Nail polish remover
- Body fluids, this sort of as urine and saliva. These rashes, which contain diaper rash, most commonly have an impact on infants.
Irritant speak to dermatitis is generally a lot more painful than itchy.
In addition to speak to dermatitis, a rash may perhaps be brought on by:
- Skin problems, this sort of as eczema and psoriasis
- Infections this sort of as hen pox, shingles, and measles
- Insect bites
- Warmth. If you get overheated, your sweat glands can get blocked. This can cause a heat rash. Warmth rashes normally take place in incredibly hot, humid climate. Though it can have an impact on people of any age, heat rashes are most common in infants and young youngsters.
Other names: patch check, pores and skin biopsy