THURSDAY, Sept. 24, 2020 (HealthDay Information) — A Massachusetts male died from feeding on also much black licorice, medical professionals say.
The fifty four-yr-outdated development worker ate a bag and 50 % every single day for a handful of months, which led to an imbalance in his body’s nutrition that triggered his heart to cease, according to the circumstance analyze in the New England Journal of Medication, the Involved Push reported.
“Even a modest amount of licorice you take in can maximize your blood stress a tiny bit,” claimed Dr. Neel Butala, a cardiologist at Massachusetts Normal Clinic who was involved in the circumstance.
Black licorice has glycyrrhizic acid, which can bring about dangerously lower amounts of potassium and imbalances in other minerals known as electrolytes, the AP reported.
Consuming just two ounces of black licorice a day for two months could bring about a heart rhythm difficulty, especially for folks older than forty, according to the U.S. Foods and Drug Administration.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
See Respond to