(BPRW) Group Therapeutic Days 2021 TO Aim ON Emotional REPARATIONS FOR BLACK People
(Black PR Wire) NEW HAVEN, CT — Group Therapeutic Network has declared the schedule for the once-a-year observance of Group Therapeutic Days, coming up this weekend, Oct fifteen-seventeen. This year’s theme is: The Scenario for Emotional Reparations. Launched in 2006 and endorsed by the late Dr. Maya Angelou, the celebration of Group Therapeutic Days is developed to “put time for healing” at the major of the Black community’s agenda—healing, as Dr. Angelou mentioned, “from the lies we have been told and the kinds we have told ourselves.”
Group Therapeutic Days is one particular of a array of techniques developed by CHN to mobilize Black individuals across the African Diaspora to recover from, and extinguish, the lie that Black individuals are inferior. “That lie,” mentioned CHN Founder and President Enola G. Aird, “is the most impressive weapon ever fashioned against us, the root cause of the distinct issues we experience as a individuals, and the best crime against our humanity. Unless and right up until we cost-free ourselves and our small children from this lie, our life will continue on to be devalued and we will continue on to be dehumanized.”
The three-day Group Therapeutic Days 2021 virtual celebration will feature:
one. On Friday, Oct fifteen, one:00-2:30 pm, Jap time, Black Students Building the Scenario for Emotional Reparations. Panelists will include: Dr. Jameta Barlow, George Washington University Dr. Huberta Jackson-Lowman, Florida A & M University Dr. Onaje Muid, Male Co-Chair of N’COBRA’s Health Commission and Dr. Raymond Winbush, Morgan Condition University. They will aim on the emotional harm prompted by the lie and what we can—and must—do to mend it
2. On Saturday, Oct 16, one:00-2:00 pm, Jap time, An Hour of Emotional Refreshment with Dr. Jameta Barlow and
three. On Sunday, Oct seventeen, three:00-4:30 pm, Jap time, the presentation of the 2021 Group Healer Awards. This year’s honorees are:
• Rev. Odell Montgomery Cooper, author of Interruptions, a story about turning agony into purpose
• Dr. Bernard Lafayette, Chair of the Southern Christian Management Meeting
• Maysa Leak, American jazz singer
• Dr. Wizdom Powell, Director of the Health Equity Institute at the University of Connecticut
• Rev. Dr. Robert Turner, Pastor of Historic Vernon AME Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and reparations activist
• The 2021 National Group Healer Award–N’COBRA: The National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America—Male Co-Chair Kamm Howard, and Woman Co-Chair Queenmother Mashariki Jywanza
• The 2021 International Group Healer Award–Her Excellency Ambassador Arikana Chihombori-Quao, M.D., former Ambassador of the African Union to the United States, and Founder and President of the African Diaspora Growth Institute (ADDI).
# # #
Group Therapeutic Network is a 501(c)(three) nonprofit corporation centered completely on mobilizing Black individuals across the African Diaspora to recover from, and stop, the trauma prompted by the lie of White superiority and Black inferiority—told hundreds of years back to justify the enslavement of Africans and the exploitation of Africa. CHN’s in the vicinity of term purpose is to make 2020 to 2030 the 10 years to Embrace the Fact of Black Humanity.
For extra information and facts, be sure to go to https://conta.cc/3v2PrAl
Press Get hold of:
Nia Campinha-Bacote, CHN Group Manager, [email protected]
The material and views expressed within just this press launch are those of the author(s) and/or represented corporations, and are not always shared by Black PR Wire. The author(s) and/or represented corporations are only accountable for the specifics and the accuracy of the material of this Press launch. Black PR Wire reserves the right to reject a press launch if, in the view of Black PR Wire, the material of the launch is unsuitable for distribution.