Vitamins are vital to the proper growth of the body. Vitamins, usually obtained as an element of balanced nutrition, are required for chemical reactions in the body. Vitamins are split into two groups relying on their solubility in water and fats. Vitamins that can be dissolved in water are water-soluble. Sometimes, the diet we intake cannot provide sufficient vitamins to the body, so some individuals intake vitamins supplements to fulfill the body’s requirements. Read the reviews of the diverse brands to find where to buy vitamins supplements.
Contrary to fat-soluble vitamins, water-soluble vitamins cannot be accumulated in the body and removed from the body through urination if taken in higher volumes than the body’s requirement.
Types of Water-soluble vitamins
Water dissolvable vitamins include.,
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C )
- Vitamin B is further formed of eight vitamins, which are collectively assembled to form a complex called vitamin B-complex. This composite contain vitamin thiamine (B1) , riboflavin (B2) , niacin (B3) , pantothenic acid (B5), Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), B7 (biotin), B9 ( folic acid), and vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
Role of Vitamin C
Vitamin C contributes to several functions of the body suchlike.,
- Vitamin C has higher proportions in Immune cells. And its level quickly depletes in case of infection.
- Collagen is formed by Vitamin C. The body is incapable of forming collagen in the absence of vitamin C. Deficiency of vitamin C may cause skin and bone problems.
- Vitamin C provides a shield against imbalance and stress as it plays the role of antioxidant.
- In the body, B1 assists as a coenzyme. These coenzymes aid in the chemical reactions which further triggers enzymes. Without B1, the chemical reaction cannot proceed.
- Vitamin B1 helps in various reactions such as conversion of nutrients into energy and promotion of the arrangement of sugar.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) also aids in the nutrient conversion into energy. B2 converts vitamin B6 into its active form and tryptophan to B3 vitamin(niacin).
- Niacin is involved in a metabolic process called glycolysis (energy extraction from glucose)
- Niacin roles as a coenzyme, acts as an antioxidant, and performs a vital role in cellular function.
- Vitamin B5 functions in a variety of metabolic functions and is needed in coenzyme A.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is required in the formation of red blood cells, and in the metabolism of amino acids. Pyridoxine helps in the release of glucose from glycogen.
Vitamins are frequently classified according to their solubility. In the categories of nutritional supplements, vitamins are classified as water-soluble vitamins and fat-soluble vitamins. As a result, you should make an effort to include them in your meals on a constant schedule.
A balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy products can help in increasing adequate levels of vitamin B and C in your body. Contrarily, if you’re anxious concerning the health issues of not reaching daily need of vitamins then it is easy rather get vitamin C and vitamin B complex supplements as a substitute. You can buy these supplements from Amazon, Walmart, and The Vitamin Shoppe.